Using the Bike Rack
We equip every RTS bus with a bike rack on the front. It's a great option for commuters or recreational cyclists. Make sure the bus stops completely and the bus operator sees you before you step in front of it. Never approach a stopped bus from the street site; you don't know when a driver is about to leave.
To Use the Bike Rack
- Place your bike on its kickstand on the ground in front of the bus.
- Firmly grasp the silver handle located in the center of the bike rack and squeeze until the rack releases.
- Lower the rack to the open position.
- Place your bike into one of the tire slots.
- Pull the padded tension bar out and over one of the bike tires and place the tension bar on top of the bike tire.
- Make sure the bike is firmly in place; remove any loose items or valuables, including panniers, then board.
- To remove the bike, simply lift the tension bar up and return it to the stowed position. Then remove your bike.