How to Pay Your Fare
Our $3 pass is available for purchase on the bus and lets you ride all day long without any restrictions! If you're a frequent rider, try our 5-Day Freedom Pass for just $14, or about $2.80 per day! For an even greater value, our 31-Day Freedom Pass is only $56, or about $1.87 per day!
Where to Purchase Passes
Passes can be purchased in the following ways:
- Online through the RGRTA website. You can find the store here. We will mail your pass(es) to the address you indicate when placing your order!
- At our office at 1372 East Main Street, Rochester NY 14609. Just come in the main entrance off the parking lot and our customer service agent will be happy to assist.
- On the bus. All of our fareboxes allow you to pay with a $1, $5, $10 or $20 bill. Credit is provided in the form of a Stored Value Pass (they never expire). If you are purchasing an all day pass, please tell the bus driver PRIOR to placing your money in the farebox. Click here for more information on the new farebox.
- At a retail location. For your convenience, our passes are available at a number of retailers throughout our service area! Click here for a complete list of retailers.
Monroe County Clerk Office - 39 W. Main Street
Rite Aid stores:
Rite Aid W. Main Street
Rite Aid Portland Avenue
Rite Aid Hudson and Titus
Wegmans Hudson and Titus
Wegmans Perinton Route 250 and Route 31
Wegmans Penfield Route 250 and Route 441
Wegmans Country Club Plaza Fairport Road
Wegmans East Ave
* Wegmans stores only sell the $12.00 stored value pass
* Tops stores only sell the $12.00 stored value pass
MasterCard, Visa, and debit cards are accepted for payment.
Participating retailers may carry limited inventory.
- By phone. You can call us at 585-288-1700 and purchase passes using a Visa or Mastercard.
We are not responsible for lost, stolen or mutilated passes. All passes are non-refundable.
What Passes Are Available?
The following passes are available for purchase from RGRTA. Proper I.D. must be shown for reduced fare passes.
|Bus for a Buck Freedom Pass
|Two Ride Freedom Pass
|All-Day Unlimited Freedom Pass
|Adult 5-Day Unlimited Freedom Pass
|Adult 31-Day Unlimited Freedom Pass
|Children ages 6-11
|Children ages 5 and under
(Limit - 3 children per fare-paying adult. Children ages 10 and under
must be accompanied by an adult.)
|RTS Reduced Fare Card
(For use during off-peak hours - Click here for an application)
|Senior/Disabled Bus for a Buck Freedom Pass *
|Senior/Disabled One-Day Unlimited Freedom Pass *
|Senior/Disabled 5-Day Unlimited Freedom Pass *
|Senior/Disabled 31-Day Unlimited Freedom Pass *
* Seniors 65+, persons with disabilities, and anyone with a Medicare Card pay half fare Monday through Friday 9:00am - 3:30pm and after 6:30pm and all day Saturday, Sunday and holidays. Customers must show the driver a Medicare Card, an SCAC Low-Fare Card or an RTS Half-Fare Card along with proper identification.
RTS Holiday Schedule Observance: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day.
Holidays not listed above operate on a regular RTS schedule.